Thursday, April 12, 2007

Daily Morning sights....

This is the building I spend each weekday morning. Inside, there are 2 rooms. One is for a healthcare clinic/pharmacy for the community, and the other is the LIBRARY.....
These are some of the kids I read books with everyday at the Library.

Down the alley, there is also a day care center for pre-school aged children. Currently, 29 children come daily. This allows single parents and families affected by the practice of polygamy to earn needed income. The fee for each child is 25 taka (36 cents) per month. Breakfast, Lunch, and baths included.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz "Hot Stuff" Hightower said...

It's so cool that you are working with Mercy Ministries. I really enjoyed the time we spent there with the kids. I played English teacher for a bit. You should see if they still remember the phrase, "I am hungry." They can act it out for you with great enthusiasm.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home